Summer 2013, Summer 2014
Worked as a summer learn to sail coach through Sarasota Youth Sailing and the Manatee River Pram Fleet. My focus was with younger kids aged 6-16 years in the Optimist dinghy and club 420. In order to serve as a summer sailing instructor I earned my US Sailing Level 1 Instructor certification and my Florida Boating License. The job focused on teaching younger kids how to sail safely, respect and enjoy Florida's marine life, and develop interpersonal skills with their classmates.
- Teach students how to rig, sail, race, and care for sailboats properly and safely.
- Operate coachboat to facilitate teaching on the water.
- Supervise volunteer instructors and summer camp assistants.
- Evaluate weather conditions to ensure students' safety.
- Repair broken sailboat or motorboat equipment.
- Organize camp events and activities throughout the summer session.
- Run races for advanced sailors.